Feedback from participants
Overview for Companies:
In the current world, the corporates are challenged with a multitude of complexities at the workplace. The influence of digital media and technology has reduced the human touch in business. Managing performance is more difficult than ever before. Retaining employees has become a 24/7 effort. Improving diversity in the workplace is now a board-level agenda.
Creating a workplace that is diverse, inclusive and high energy requires innovative methods to engage employees and bring them together and align with the overall vision and direction of the organization.
Overview for Individuals:
Today’s world is fast paced, competitive and digital. To survive and thrive, one must be equipped not just with functional/technical skills that make them relevant, but also have a combination of a strong Emotional Quotient (EQ). While the skills and experience helps one have a paying job/profession, it is the EQ that powers the human engine for thriving and growing constantly in this high paced world.
The human touch, the soft elements of relationships are fading and creating a huge void in the professional world. Individuals have to rediscover the human side to reconnect and re-engage with people and to build effective relationships.
Who should attend:
The Corporate Avatar is the program that can help a wide group of participants:
- Business Leaders & Executives who need to communicate the vision, direction and legacy of their organization and harness the people power behind them
- Senior Managers and Functional Managers who are directly responsible for performance, productivity & engagement of teams
- HR Professionals who need to enable and enrich the culture of the organization, improve Diversity & Inclusion.
- Individuals at any stage of their professional careers looking to accelerate their growth by developing their EQ
IIST Corporate Program:
Our 1 day workshop program is unique and takes the ‘Storytelling’ approach of delivering concepts that need to impact at the root level and remain with the individual. Through a series of engaging and fun stories experienced over the past 20 years by Kathalaya, the program aims to address the following aspects-
- Self Awareness – Understanding oneself
- Adjusting the belief system to eliminate prejudices
- Listening, Thinking & Feeling
- Bias for Action & Result oriented attitude
- Overcoming obstacles in communication
- Conveying a core message using stories (Creating & Narrating)
- Innovative ways to pitch ideas, solutions and make presentations
- Understanding and appreciating diversity in thinking
- Openness and acceptance to differences and different people
- A highly engaged team that understands the company’s purpose and direction
- Leaders, managers and individuals who are self-aware and know what they need to do to be successful and make the organization successful
- Individuals who are focused, calm and clear about communicating their mind
- Better awareness and sensitivity towards enabling a Diverse & Inclusive workplace
- Improved problem solving, in both business and interpersonal situation
Frequently asked Questions on Corporate Avatar(FAQ)
1. How is Beginners program different from corporate Avatar ? Ans: Corporate Avatar is a One day Workshop conducted by The Academy of Storytelling in which you are introduced to different facets of management concepts,leadership skills and behaviour traits through stories , using the storytelling Methodology and activities. Beginners program is a 3 day course where you are trained in the ART AND TECHNIQUES OF STORYTELLING. This certification program is affiliated to the Tennessee University at USA. 2. Do you have any other programs conducted at conducted by The Academy of Storytelling?
Ans: We have a Diploma Course ,which is A year long program with 4 days of contact classes at our centre and directing you on how you could do your research and field work.This gives you an opportunity to Experience Storytelling in depth through experiences, research, interviews and travel. Again an absolutely different SKILL BASED PROGRAM which hones one to professionally take storytelling seriously and equips one to gain indepth knowledge and history of the subject. It is almost like an Oral history course in Storytelling packed with interesting experiences. This program is affiliated to the University of Sweden and Scottish Storytelling Centre, University of Edinburgh.
We conduct the course just thrice a year and it is independent of both the course. However we suggest it would be better to do the beginners course first and then the Diploma course.
What Sets The Storytelling Method As Unique?
We, at Kathalaya, specialize in experiential training that gets people up on their feet practicing new skills and techniques.
Kathalaya’s methodology of storytelling creates a practical, philosophical, and emotional connect. The power of using the storytelling methodology will inspire leaders to motivate, speak with confidence, and encourage them to present their stories effectively.
It was a wonderful experience to see the master in action. The way the workshop is being conducted is excellent. It is simple, insightful and energizing.
– G. Krishna, Senior Consultant, Mercuri international
Great to be a part of this journey. Geetha ji is superb in grasp over the subject and the way she delivers is super. Very affable, calm, composed, a flowing river of knowledge. Main learnings were 4 pillars of Storytelling, Listening, and take aways from activities.
– Raju Ahluwalia, HR, Wipro (Retired)
It was a wonderful day with lot of emotions. It was fun learning the voice modulation and letting go of oneself. Geeta Ma’am is a true inspiration both as a storyteller and as a strong woman. Enjoyed the voice modulation sessions.
– Anitha Yella Reddy, Senior Software Engineer, Hewlett Packard Pvt.Ltd
Great stories have always inspired the way people think. Great philosophers and motivational speakers use stories to state a fact or to drive home a message effectively. We at Kathalaya Tap, Tell, and Transform people and craft our stories to stimulate an emotional and intelligent response from the participants. They are engaging and effective because they activate the listener’s imagination, connect them to their own stories and help them create new ones. Just telling a story however is not enough. You’ve got to know what you’re doing to be effective It helps them to communicate the story effectively using the right language tone and voice.
- A combination of knowledge and experiential learning
- Highly interactive and participative
- Challenges people to step out of their comfort zones
- Gets people up on their feet
- Simple and relevant
- Practical and implementable.
- Ensures high live of involvement
- Helps to Innovate, Interact, and Inspire
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Awareness of Storytelling as a methodology
- Structuring the story
- Thinking out of the box – innovative ways
- Nuances of a great story – Voice, voice modulation, and body language
- Knowing one’s strength
- Tapping one’s potential
- Builds confidence and self-worth
- Ability to interpret the message and understand the importance of listening
- Mutual respect for each other and learn to work in a team
Workshops Done for Corporates
Mahindra Comviva, Delhi and Bangalore
ACIS-An Allianz Group Company, Trivandrum
Ricoh Innovations Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
Honeywell, Toastmasters Club
Toastmasters International Meet, Whitefield and MG Road
Seimens, Goa – Outbound training
Infosys, BPOs, Bangalore
Broadridge, Hyderabad (thrice)
Flourish Foods, Ahmedabad (on a regular basis)
Wipro – Talent search – Communication skills
GMR Group Knowledge Management, Bangalore
Satyam – between 2008-2010
Ahmedabad Management Academy, Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
Star Entertainment Media, Kolkata
ICICI Leadership Management Program – Khandala, Pune
National Institute of Fashion Technology, Hyderabad
National Heritage Archives, Stockholm for Architects, Museum Curators, and Designers.
University of Gothenberg – Professors and Teachers on a regular basis.
3M India Limited, Bangalore – Leadership Behaviour
Part of the ongoing Course in MA Education for students at the Azim Premji University.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
Abellon Clean Energy, Ahmedabad
Accenture, Bangalore on Gender Sensitivity
Century Estate, Bangalore
Reliance Group of Industries, Mumbai
Asian Paints, Mumbai
Alliance Group, Trivandrum
We are proud to be associated with the following clients, who have built an international footprint in their respective fields:
Looking for specific training for your firm? edit
Write to us and we will be happy to help